- Join a home group
Contact Garrett Herdter (email@example.com) for more information on how you can participate in this ministry.
- Volunteer in our children and/or AWANA or student ministries
Contact Kristen Weber (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Garrett Herdter to inquire about available opportunities to volunteer in our children or youth ministries.
- Participate in an Adult Bible Fellowship class
Classes take place throughout the building on Sundays at 10:30 AM following our worship service. Please contact email@example.com for more information related to topics and teachers or see the chart at the end of this document.
- Regularly attend prayer meeting on Wednesday evenings
Prayer meeting takes place on Wednesday evenings starting at 7:00 PM in the Auditorium and on Zoom (Zoom only right now). Contact Neil Feltham* for more information.
- Take part in Saturday Morning Men’s Prayer Group
Every Saturday morning at 7:00 AM, men of CMBC gather to pray. Contact Dave Fisher* for more information.
- Start a weekly study group to work through the discussion guide on the back of the sermon notes
Each week there is a discussion guide included on the back of the sermon notes to work through.
- Adopt 1-2 of CMBC’s global partners to pray for weekly and write to monthly
Many of our global partners appreciate receiving correspondence and all of our global partners appreciate prayer. Visit the Global Ministries page on our website and scroll down to check out our list of global partners. Send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need or would like contact information.
- Print out the monthly prayer calendar, hang it on your refrigerator, and take time each day to pray for the names listed
If you do not receive our prayer calendar by email, please contact us at email@example.com to be added to our list, or pick up a printed copy in the lobby.
- Begin an intentional mentoring relationship
Find someone who is 10-15 years older or younger than you (men to men and women to women), and begin an intentional mentoring relationship with them, meeting once a month talk about what Jesus is teaching you.
- Adopt a Bible Quizzing team to pray for and support
As our quizzing season approaches, adopt a team to pray for, support, and encourage throughout the season. You could send the team members cards, make them cookies, etc. Contact Darrell Rishel* for more information.
- Become a part of the CMBC Care Team
Join a group of individuals willing to provide rides and transportation, help families who are moving, or do minor maintenance projects for those in need. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list.
- Read “The Trellis and the Vine” by Colin Marshall and Tony Payne
This fabulous book might change the way you understand ministry within the local church. After reading it, contact Pastor Chris and share your thoughts and observations with him (email@example.com).
- Monthly Scripture Memorization
Participate in our monthly memorization challenge and memorize the scriptures together with us.
- Join our Visitation Team Ministry
There are many within our congregation who enjoy regular visits. Reach out to Pastor Jim (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to join our visitation team. You will be blessed and encouraged by visiting the saints of CMBC.
- Provide a ministry of encouragement to 1-2 of our widows or widowers
If you would be interested in caring for 1-2 of our widows or widowers through sending cards on their birthday, praying for them, and perhaps even occasionally sending flowers or small gifts, please reach out to Pastor Jim (email@example.com) for more information.
- Volunteer on our Tech Team
With the use of new technology, we are in need of a few volunteers who are willing to be trained to use our new soundboard or run our livestream of Sunday morning services and ABFs. Contact Scott Lingo (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested.
- Be a part of our VBS team
Summer will be here before we know it, and planning for VBS will be underway soon. Participating in this ministry is a great way to grow in love for Jesus and others. Contact Kristen Weber if interested (email address provided above).
- Volunteer to be an usher or greeter
Volunteering as an usher or greeter gives you an opportunity to regularly interact with those attending services in our building and even greet and meet with new faces and visitors who may attend. Contact Jeff Martin* to join our ushering team or to volunteer as a greeter contact (email@example.com)
- Join a local, Christ-honoring, non-profit volunteer team
Our local non-profits and community ministries are always in need of volunteers. These include local food banks and neighborhood social services such as The Factory, The Point in Parkesburg, or Solanco Neighborhood Ministries. You can find more information regarding these centers for local ministry online by searching for them in your internet browser.
- Initiate and begin a new ministry at CMBC
Perhaps the Lord has been directing your heart for some time to step out and begin a new ministry. Come up with a ministry plan and set up a time to meet with one of our pastors or staff, and then present your ministry plan to our elder board for formal approval and initiation.
- Attend and participate in our Global Outreach Conference
Global Outreach Conference will take place March 21-28 this year. Commit time in your schedule now to participate and be part of this amazing opportunity to learn, see and hear about how God is at work in and around the world.
* Call (717-442-8161) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for contact info.