An Update from the Pastors & Elders of CMBC
November 24, 2020
Hello CMBC Church Family!
What a wonderful Sunday we had! What a blessing to see a family dedicate their child to the Lord, to see four young women get baptized, to hear from a missionary couple what God is doing, and to worship God in song, with handbells, and through the preaching of the word.
Thanks be to God, and that is exactly what we will be doing this Wednesday evening at 7:00 p.m. during our annual Thanksgiving Eve service. This service will be live here at CMBC and will also be livestreamed (https://www.youtube.com/c/CalvaryMonumentBibleChurch) for those not able to join us in person. Childcare will not be available for this service.
This coming Sunday, November 29, is the first Sunday in advent! Please join us, either in person or via livestream, as we begin to celebrate the coming of our Lord and Savior. As we gather this Sunday we would like to remind you of our current procedures for gathering, plus a few small changes:
- We have asked that everyone wear a face covering upon entering and exiting the building. This would apply to everyone two years of age or older. If you are not able to wear a face covering for various reasons, we encourage you to join us for our online livestream of the service.
- We also have asked that you avoid congregating in groups anywhere in the facility. If you need to have discussions or fellowship, we ask that you kindly do so once you have left the building.
- We will continue to block off every other row of pews in order to maintain 6 feet distancing guidelines.
- We will reserve the far side of the auditorium toward the windows for those wearing masks during the whole service.
- Our ushers will continue to seat you and dismiss you in our auditorium. As much as possible, ushers will seat people starting in the front and then moving to the back which will minimize people passing each other in the aisles and will allow us to physically distance families the recommended 6 feet apart. Once our auditorium is full, we will have overflow seating in the Multi-Purpose room, if needed.
- here will be no childcare during the service this Sunday.
- ABFs and Youth will be meeting as normal.
- No Saturday Men’s Prayer this week (11/28/20)
We continue to believe that our current policies are the right way to proceed. Our greatest desires are to continue to meet safely together in person, while providing alternative avenues (livestreaming) to those unable to join us.
We are so thankful for our fellowship and worship together and look forward to being with you again in the coming days.
From Psalm 100:4-5 (ESV): Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.
By His Grace,
The Pastors and Elders of Calvary Monument Bible Church